Subtitle: See I told you I'd have something to post about soon!
One of my recent subjects of internet research has been composting. I'm not too familiar with the process and I've never done it before. A couple weeks ago I went up to Humbolt County to visit a friend, when I noticed that she quite actively practices composting in her kitchen. That was really the first time I had been exposed to it and since I'd been home I've been doing sporadic searches on the subject to see how I can conveniently and frugally compost in my own home.
I haven't quite found a method that works for me yet (most involve large and/or expensive bins that you practically have to churn or barrel across your yard). I'd like something more obscure, that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and that doesn't involve too much work. I'm doing this more to reduce waste than I am concerned about producing a sweet fertilizer for my garden. Although that would be something I'd like to get into in the somewhat near future; a nice little fresh fruits, vegetable, and herb garden (I don't have the green thumb and generally everything I touch dies).
Anyway, back to composting, this has seriously been the first helpful site for a beginner: DIY Warrior: How to Make Compost.
Does anyone out there compost? Any beginner tips for me from your personal experiences?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am incredibly grateful that you've been able to do the legwork of finding such an easy compost DIY! I, too, have been wanting to start composting in my backyard, especially since my family has a vegetable garden, and so much goes to waste (unfortunately). My next venture is planting herbs that I can readily use in the kitchen. :D
ReplyDelete