BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sugaring

Two Posts in One day?! I know!

On the subject of cosmetics and skin care, I found another interesting site about hair removal and exfoliating using SUGAR!

I'm of Italian and Israeli descent so I was "blessed" with dark, thick hair. Shaving leaves me with chicken skin legs and ingrown hairs. I can't afford laser hair removal and waxing I keep for the eyebrows (though I go for threading when I can). I've been contemplating purchasing my own waxing kit as it would cost me a fortune to go to a salon, but in my research I stumbled across Sugaring. It's cost effective, serves multiple purposes, and is actually better for your skin!

-Sugaring recipes & instructions
-Waxing vs. Sugaring
-Exfoliate with Sugar

As you may have noticed, one of the key ingredients is honey, which a lot of vegans debate is unvegan, so it's up to you whether you choose to utilize it. Agave Nectar might work just as well. I'll look around for any more information on a more vegan friendly recipe.

Also, be careful when selecting your sugar! Most people don't realize that some sugars aren't even vegetarian let alone vegan. Certain companies will use bone char during the refining process to whiten the sugar: Vegan Sugar.

I haven't tried these methods out yet, but I certainly plan to next chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment